- The group lost a total of 1,536 pounds in just eight weeks. That’s an average weight loss of over ten pounds per person!
- More than half the group lost more than ten pounds. Some lost as much as 28 pounds.
- Average waist size decreased by 1.5 inches, and some people lost so much of their waist that they had to go out and buy new clothes. One woman lost eight inches from her waist. Imagine, eight inches in eight weeks. No medication can help you do that.
- Get the right tests. Most doctors focus on fasting blood sugar. This is actually a poor indicator of diabesity. The best test to tease out the condition is an insulin response test where insulin levels are measured fasting and then 1 and 2 hours after a glucose drink. Demand this test from your doctor.
- Get smart about nutrition. Despite the media hype and the seeming confusion amongst doctors, the basics of nutrition are extremely simply. Eliminate sugar and processed carbohydrates, include whole real foods like lean protein (chicken or fish), veggies, nuts, seeds, beans and whole grains.
- Get the right supplements. There has recently been a frenzy of negative reports about supplements. Most of them are unfounded. Supplements are an essential part of treating diabesity. A good multivitamin, vitamin D, fish oil, and special blood sugar balancing nutrients like alpha lipoic acid, chromium polynicotinate, biotin, cinnamon, green tea catechins, and PGX (a super fiber) should also be included.
- Get relaxed. Stress is a major unrecognized contributor to insulin resistance and blood sugar imbalance. Push your pause button every day with deep breathing, visualization, yoga, and other relaxation techniques.
- Get moving. Aside from changing your diet, exercise is probably the single best medication for diabesity. Walk for at least 30 minutes every day. For some, 30-60 minutes of more vigorous aerobic exercise 4-6 times a week may be necessary.
- Get clean and green. Environmental toxins also contribute to diabesity. Filter your water, look for green cleaning products, and avoid plastics when you can.
- Get personal. While the steps above will address 80 percent of the problems with diabesity, some may need to take additional steps to optimize key areas of their biology. Remember, the medicine of the future is personal medicine. Seek out your own biological imbalances and look for ways to address them.
- Get connected. Research is beginning to show that we get better more effectively when we get together. Invite your friends, families, and neighbors to change their diets and lifestyle along with you. Together we can all take back our health.
RENEW Wellness is affilliated with Simple Discipleship and is a ministry of Dr. Tom Cocklereece
He is a pastor, author, professional coach, leadership specialist, and is a member Coach/Teacher/Speaker for the John Maxwell Team
This post has already been read 15457 times!
We honor copyright laws on print material as well as photos. We take or make many of our own photos and buy some as well. We never use images from others that have copyright markings. We remove any material or photo that is questioned as soon as we become aware of it. If you believe we have posted copyrighted material please inform us and we will evaluate it: tom@simplediscipleship.
The Leadership Chair
Follow Simple Discipleship
Disciple-Maker’s Toolkit- Leader & Learner Editions
Free Discipleship Plan pdf
Sample Bible Studies
Ministry Leadership Ad
SD Online Guests
Feed the Fish
Donations are Appreciated
Most Read Posts
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Denial (38,493)
- 6 REASONS TO MONITOR YOUR BLOOD SUGAR: A RENEW Wellness Diabetes Testimony (8,678)
- SIMPLE DISCIPLESHIP AND SPIRITUAL GIFTS (7,880)
- 11 WAYS A STAFF CHRISTIAN COACH CAN GROW YOUR CHURCH (5,789)
- SO, YOUR CHURCH IS SEARCHING FOR A PASTOR (5,665)
- EXPONENTIAL 2012: ARE YOU BEING SIFTED? (5,630)
- BASIC CHRISTIAN COMPETENCIES (5,058)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Scaredy Gremlin (4,591)
- WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF DISCIPLESHIP? (4,468)
- A SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE LESSON (4,461)
- THREE REASONS WHY TRADITIONAL DISCIPLESHIP DOESN’T WORK (4,386)
- FIVE ELEMENTS OF A BOOK REVIEW (4,273)
- WHY EVANGELISM ISN’T WORKING (4,127)
- SUNDAY SCHOOL THAT REALLY RESPONDS by Steve Parr: AN UNSOLICITED REVIEW (3,967)
- COUNTER-CULTURAL CHRISTIANITY: THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE (3,934)
- A 10-POINT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT PROCESS (3,761)
- BREAKING THE EVANGELISM CODE by Victor H. Benavides (3,725)
- HOW TO GET RID OF YOUR GREMLINS: Blamer (3,619)
- RUB A DUB DUB, PLUNGE AND SCRUB (3,546)
- SO, YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR A NEW CHURCH OR MINISTRY (3,395)
- THE DARK KNIGHT vs THE BRIGHT KNIGHT (3,380)
- GREMLINS AND GUARDIANS – STAY ON THE RIGHT PATH (3,285)
- A JOURNEY TO THE DARK SIDE (3,258)
- ONLINE MASTERMIND: DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES (3,195)
- DISCIPLESHIP IS CHRISTIAN CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT (3,114)
- MISCONCEPTIONS OF LEADERSHIP (3,026)
- TRANSFORMATIONAL DISCIPLESHIP: A REVIEW (2,895)
- 30 Coaching Questions to Create your Ministry Leadership Development Plan (2,870)
- LIVING THE DREAM OF DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. (2,827)
- TRANSFORMATIONAL LOVE: 1 CORINTHIANS 13 (2,818)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: PRIDE AND ARROGANCE (2,792)
- MINISTRY COMPETENCY LEADERSHIP COACHING (2,679)
- THE FIVE MISSIONAL MOVEMENTS OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS (2,665)
- ANYONE CAN BE A SERVANT OF GOD (2,485)
- THE IMPACT OF SIMPLE DISCIPLESHIP (2,480)
- THE CHURCH, SCOTUS, AND SAME-SEX MARRIAGE (2,401)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Pigpen Gremlin (2,119)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Jekyll and Hyde (2,100)
- MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT PASTORS WITHOUT A CHURCH (2,020)
- S.P.i.N. EVANGELISM (2,015)
- J.U.M.P. SPORTS BOOK PREVIEW with SPORTS SHORTS (2,004)
- ELECTION 2012: WHERE DO CHRISTIANS GO FROM HERE? (1,886)
- BULLS IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING (1,771)
- THE TOP 10 SIMPLE DISCIPLESHIP POSTS OF 2012 (1,585)
- YOUR PERSONAL GREMLIN (1,522)
- PASTOR, WHAT COLOR IS YOUR PARACHUTE? (1,477)
- DO OTHERS SEE YOUR FAITH? (1,354)
- 10 VITAL BEHAVIORS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR CHURCH (1,322)
- THAT ONE THING DISCIPLES OF JESUS MUST DO! (1,095)
- FIVE QUALITIES OF PERSUASIVE LEADERSHIP (1,081)