- The group lost a total of 1,536 pounds in just eight weeks. That’s an average weight loss of over ten pounds per person!
- More than half the group lost more than ten pounds. Some lost as much as 28 pounds.
- Average waist size decreased by 1.5 inches, and some people lost so much of their waist that they had to go out and buy new clothes. One woman lost eight inches from her waist. Imagine, eight inches in eight weeks. No medication can help you do that.
- Get the right tests. Most doctors focus on fasting blood sugar. This is actually a poor indicator of diabesity. The best test to tease out the condition is an insulin response test where insulin levels are measured fasting and then 1 and 2 hours after a glucose drink. Demand this test from your doctor.
- Get smart about nutrition. Despite the media hype and the seeming confusion amongst doctors, the basics of nutrition are extremely simply. Eliminate sugar and processed carbohydrates, include whole real foods like lean protein (chicken or fish), veggies, nuts, seeds, beans and whole grains.
- Get the right supplements. There has recently been a frenzy of negative reports about supplements. Most of them are unfounded. Supplements are an essential part of treating diabesity. A good multivitamin, vitamin D, fish oil, and special blood sugar balancing nutrients like alpha lipoic acid, chromium polynicotinate, biotin, cinnamon, green tea catechins, and PGX (a super fiber) should also be included.
- Get relaxed. Stress is a major unrecognized contributor to insulin resistance and blood sugar imbalance. Push your pause button every day with deep breathing, visualization, yoga, and other relaxation techniques.
- Get moving. Aside from changing your diet, exercise is probably the single best medication for diabesity. Walk for at least 30 minutes every day. For some, 30-60 minutes of more vigorous aerobic exercise 4-6 times a week may be necessary.
- Get clean and green. Environmental toxins also contribute to diabesity. Filter your water, look for green cleaning products, and avoid plastics when you can.
- Get personal. While the steps above will address 80 percent of the problems with diabesity, some may need to take additional steps to optimize key areas of their biology. Remember, the medicine of the future is personal medicine. Seek out your own biological imbalances and look for ways to address them.
- Get connected. Research is beginning to show that we get better more effectively when we get together. Invite your friends, families, and neighbors to change their diets and lifestyle along with you. Together we can all take back our health.
RENEW Wellness is affilliated with Simple Discipleship and is a ministry of Dr. Tom Cocklereece
He is a pastor, author, professional coach, leadership specialist, and is a member Coach/Teacher/Speaker for the John Maxwell Team
This post has already been read 14152 times!
We honor copyright laws on print material as well as photos. We take or make many of our own photos and buy some as well. We never use images from others that have copyright markings. We remove any material or photo that is questioned as soon as we become aware of it. If you believe we have posted copyrighted material please inform us and we will evaluate it: tom@simplediscipleship.
The Leadership Chair
Follow Simple Discipleship
THE LAWS OF DISCIPLESHIP
THE LAWS OF DISCIPLESHIP PROJECTBe a part of The Laws of Discipleship Project! Each law of discipleship reflects the light of Christ like a facet of a diamond. Tom Cocklereece is currently writing the manuscript for this upcoming discipleship resource. You are invited to participate. If you are interested, email tom@ simplediscipleship.com
Disciple-Maker’s Toolkit- Leader & Learner Editions
Free Discipleship Plan pdf
Ministry Leadership Ad
SD Online Guests
Most Read Posts
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Denial (37,339)
- ARE WE “SLAVES” OR “SERVANTS” OF CHRIST? A DISCUSSION ABOUT BIBLE TRANSLATION AND THE HCSB (35,669)
- Diabesity - A Reversible Epidemic: Guest Blog by Mark Hyman, MD for RENEW WELLNESS (14,152)
- 6 REASONS TO MONITOR YOUR BLOOD SUGAR: A RENEW Wellness Diabetes Testimony (7,418)
- THE RED PILL OR THE BLUE PILL? (6,356)
- GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY! (5,836)
- DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES: #13 – PROCESS DISCIPLESHIP (5,468)
- MAKE YOUR OWN "MINISTRY COMPETENCY WORD CLOUD" (5,027)
- EXPONENTIAL 2012: ARE YOU BEING SIFTED? (4,834)
- 11 WAYS A STAFF CHRISTIAN COACH CAN GROW YOUR CHURCH (4,822)
- VISION IS VIRAL BUT STRATEGY IS STATIC (4,512)
- SO, YOUR CHURCH IS SEARCHING FOR A PASTOR (4,211)
- DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES: 7- PROGRAM DISCIPLESHIP (4,146)
- WHY DON’T SMART PEOPLE GET JESUS? (REMIX) Guest Post by Rachael Fox (3,840)
- BASIC CHRISTIAN COMPETENCIES (3,803)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Scaredy Gremlin (3,662)
- WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF DISCIPLESHIP? (3,597)
- FIVE ELEMENTS OF A BOOK REVIEW (3,466)
- THE LAWS OF DISCIPLESHIP PROJECT (3,369)
- SUNDAY SCHOOL THAT REALLY RESPONDS by Steve Parr: AN UNSOLICITED REVIEW (3,352)
- EVERY CHRISTIAN A DISCIPLE-MAKER (3,290)
- WHY EVANGELISM ISN’T WORKING (3,239)
- SECRET CHURCH REFLECTIONS (3,165)
- COUNTER-CULTURAL CHRISTIANITY: THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE (2,995)
- BREAKING THE EVANGELISM CODE by Victor H. Benavides (2,935)
- A SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE LESSON (2,913)
- SIMPLE DISCIPLESHIP AND SPIRITUAL GIFTS (2,842)
- THE DARK KNIGHT vs THE BRIGHT KNIGHT (2,825)
- SO, YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR A NEW CHURCH OR MINISTRY (2,718)
- A JOURNEY TO THE DARK SIDE (2,626)
- DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES: #11 – PROFICIENCY DISCIPLESHIP (2,606)
- A 10-POINT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT PROCESS (2,594)
- GREMLINS AND GUARDIANS – STAY ON THE RIGHT PATH (2,540)
- RUB A DUB DUB, PLUNGE AND SCRUB (2,534)
- HOW TO GET RID OF YOUR GREMLINS: Blamer (2,417)
- ONLINE MASTERMIND: DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES (2,314)
- PREVENTING SEXUAL ABUSE IN THE CHURCH (2,294)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: PRIDE AND ARROGANCE (2,243)
- TRANSFORMATIONAL LOVE: 1 CORINTHIANS 13 (2,200)
- PREPARE FOR DEFINING MOMENTS (2,181)
- DISCIPLESHIP IS CHRISTIAN CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT (2,120)
- 30 Coaching Questions to Create your Ministry Leadership Development Plan (2,076)
- THE FIVE MISSIONAL MOVEMENTS OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS (2,043)
- MINISTRY COMPETENCY LEADERSHIP COACHING (2,037)
- MISCONCEPTIONS OF LEADERSHIP (1,960)
- THE IMPACT OF SIMPLE DISCIPLESHIP (1,934)
- LIVING THE DREAM OF DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. (1,808)
- TRANSFORMATIONAL DISCIPLESHIP: A REVIEW (1,803)
- BORN INTO WAR: SPIRITUAL WARFARE AND DISCIPLESHIP (1,781)
- ANYONE CAN BE A SERVANT OF GOD (1,721)