- The group lost a total of 1,536 pounds in just eight weeks. That’s an average weight loss of over ten pounds per person!
- More than half the group lost more than ten pounds. Some lost as much as 28 pounds.
- Average waist size decreased by 1.5 inches, and some people lost so much of their waist that they had to go out and buy new clothes. One woman lost eight inches from her waist. Imagine, eight inches in eight weeks. No medication can help you do that.
- Get the right tests. Most doctors focus on fasting blood sugar. This is actually a poor indicator of diabesity. The best test to tease out the condition is an insulin response test where insulin levels are measured fasting and then 1 and 2 hours after a glucose drink. Demand this test from your doctor.
- Get smart about nutrition. Despite the media hype and the seeming confusion amongst doctors, the basics of nutrition are extremely simply. Eliminate sugar and processed carbohydrates, include whole real foods like lean protein (chicken or fish), veggies, nuts, seeds, beans and whole grains.
- Get the right supplements. There has recently been a frenzy of negative reports about supplements. Most of them are unfounded. Supplements are an essential part of treating diabesity. A good multivitamin, vitamin D, fish oil, and special blood sugar balancing nutrients like alpha lipoic acid, chromium polynicotinate, biotin, cinnamon, green tea catechins, and PGX (a super fiber) should also be included.
- Get relaxed. Stress is a major unrecognized contributor to insulin resistance and blood sugar imbalance. Push your pause button every day with deep breathing, visualization, yoga, and other relaxation techniques.
- Get moving. Aside from changing your diet, exercise is probably the single best medication for diabesity. Walk for at least 30 minutes every day. For some, 30-60 minutes of more vigorous aerobic exercise 4-6 times a week may be necessary.
- Get clean and green. Environmental toxins also contribute to diabesity. Filter your water, look for green cleaning products, and avoid plastics when you can.
- Get personal. While the steps above will address 80 percent of the problems with diabesity, some may need to take additional steps to optimize key areas of their biology. Remember, the medicine of the future is personal medicine. Seek out your own biological imbalances and look for ways to address them.
- Get connected. Research is beginning to show that we get better more effectively when we get together. Invite your friends, families, and neighbors to change their diets and lifestyle along with you. Together we can all take back our health.
RENEW Wellness is affilliated with Simple Discipleship and is a ministry of Dr. Tom Cocklereece
He is a pastor, author, professional coach, leadership specialist, and is a member Coach/Teacher/Speaker for the John Maxwell Team
This post has already been read 15092 times!
We honor copyright laws on print material as well as photos. We take or make many of our own photos and buy some as well. We never use images from others that have copyright markings. We remove any material or photo that is questioned as soon as we become aware of it. If you believe we have posted copyrighted material please inform us and we will evaluate it: tom@simplediscipleship.
The Leadership Chair
Follow Simple Discipleship
Disciple-Maker’s Toolkit- Leader & Learner Editions
Free Discipleship Plan pdf
Sample Bible Studies
Ministry Leadership Ad
SD Online Guests
Donations are Appreciated
Most Read Posts
- ARE WE “SLAVES” OR “SERVANTS” OF CHRIST? A DISCUSSION ABOUT BIBLE TRANSLATION AND THE HCSB (40,909)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Denial (38,269)
- Diabesity - A Reversible Epidemic: Guest Blog by Mark Hyman, MD for RENEW WELLNESS (15,092)
- 6 REASONS TO MONITOR YOUR BLOOD SUGAR: A RENEW Wellness Diabetes Testimony (8,408)
- DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES: #13 – PROCESS DISCIPLESHIP (6,563)
- GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY! (6,375)
- SIMPLE DISCIPLESHIP AND SPIRITUAL GIFTS (5,943)
- 11 WAYS A STAFF CHRISTIAN COACH CAN GROW YOUR CHURCH (5,534)
- EXPONENTIAL 2012: ARE YOU BEING SIFTED? (5,414)
- SO, YOUR CHURCH IS SEARCHING FOR A PASTOR (5,331)
- VISION IS VIRAL BUT STRATEGY IS STATIC (5,140)
- BASIC CHRISTIAN COMPETENCIES (4,508)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Scaredy Gremlin (4,413)
- WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF DISCIPLESHIP? (4,237)
- FIVE ELEMENTS OF A BOOK REVIEW (4,057)
- THREE REASONS WHY TRADITIONAL DISCIPLESHIP DOESN’T WORK (4,019)
- WHY EVANGELISM ISN’T WORKING (3,929)
- A SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE LESSON (3,843)
- SUNDAY SCHOOL THAT REALLY RESPONDS by Steve Parr: AN UNSOLICITED REVIEW (3,742)
- COUNTER-CULTURAL CHRISTIANITY: THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE (3,669)
- DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES: #11 – PROFICIENCY DISCIPLESHIP (3,585)
- BREAKING THE EVANGELISM CODE by Victor H. Benavides (3,540)
- A 10-POINT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT PROCESS (3,417)
- HOW TO GET RID OF YOUR GREMLINS: Blamer (3,305)
- RUB A DUB DUB, PLUNGE AND SCRUB (3,272)
- THE DARK KNIGHT vs THE BRIGHT KNIGHT (3,260)
- SO, YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR A NEW CHURCH OR MINISTRY (3,238)
- GREMLINS AND GUARDIANS – STAY ON THE RIGHT PATH (3,096)
- A JOURNEY TO THE DARK SIDE (3,048)
- ONLINE MASTERMIND: DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES (2,982)
- DISCIPLESHIP IS CHRISTIAN CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT (2,883)
- MISCONCEPTIONS OF LEADERSHIP (2,785)
- PREPARE FOR DEFINING MOMENTS (2,784)
- 30 Coaching Questions to Create your Ministry Leadership Development Plan (2,687)
- TRANSFORMATIONAL LOVE: 1 CORINTHIANS 13 (2,663)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: PRIDE AND ARROGANCE (2,651)
- LIVING THE DREAM OF DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. (2,581)
- TRANSFORMATIONAL DISCIPLESHIP: A REVIEW (2,575)
- MINISTRY COMPETENCY LEADERSHIP COACHING (2,513)
- THE FIVE MISSIONAL MOVEMENTS OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS (2,506)
- THE IMPACT OF SIMPLE DISCIPLESHIP (2,336)
- ANYONE CAN BE A SERVANT OF GOD (2,283)
- THE CHURCH, SCOTUS, AND SAME-SEX MARRIAGE (2,134)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Pigpen Gremlin (1,985)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Jekyll and Hyde (1,980)
- J.U.M.P. SPORTS BOOK PREVIEW with SPORTS SHORTS (1,815)
- ELECTION 2012: WHERE DO CHRISTIANS GO FROM HERE? (1,762)
- DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES: #12 – PROCLAMATION DISCIPLESHIP (1,639)
- TRANSFORMATIONAL CHANGE: Prayerful Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance (1,636)
- BULLS IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING (1,593)