CITYPOINTE WORSHIP: PURE DISCIPLESHIP WORSHIP
As long ago as a few years I began contemplating a worship service that would focus on deep discipleship Bible study. It was not until several months ago that I began forming a plan for what would become CityPointe Worship. No, it is not a new church with an eclectic name. It comes from this vision the Lord has given to me about a deep discipleship Bible
study worship service that has the potential to begin revival. The term “CityPointe” envisions that this worship service is the point in a city at which transformational spiritual healing and change begin. Imagine your church as the epicenter of a spiritual earthquake with concentric circles reverberating throughout your community.
THE BEGINNING OF A NEW SPIRITUAL GREAT AWAKENING
In a recent post (Secret Church Reflections) I suggested that God is giving several Christian leaders a similar vision though they serve in different places and have not conferred together. Could it be that the Secret Church movement of David Platt, CityPointe Worship by yours truly, and other new movements that center on pure Bible study discipleship worship are a movement of God to bring one last great revival before the rapture of the church? The resounding answer I believe is “Yes!”
HUNGRY FOR MORE
The first CityPointe Worship was held at Shady Grove Baptist Church in Marietta, GA on Saturday, October 22, 2011. The average attendance of the church is under 100 as the church has struggled in a changing urban community. However, 40 people gave up their Saturday to study the Bible for five hours. This is unheard of! We studied the book of Revelation in its entirety. At the end of the study, several people came forward and asked, “What Bible book are we going to study next?” After five hours of Bible study, they wanted more. But that’s only the beginning…this was not about the music, style of music, or personalities. It was all about simply studying the Bible… Simple Worship…like many persecuted Christians in other nations. We spent time praying for them.
Sunday mornings are usually quiet at Shady Grove before the worship service. I went to the worship center (I don’t like the word “sanctuary” in this usage) to check on something and was surprised. The worship center was filled with people who were literally buzzing about the Bible study on Saturday with the people who did not attend. The energy was electric and contagious. This will change this church!
ARE YOUR PEOPLE HUNGRY?
Perhaps you are a church leader looking for a different kind of “revival” experience for your people. How often have you had a guest preacher or evangelist come to your church for a half-week or week of services and nothing changes in the church. I am not disparaging of servants who preach revivals but there is a distinction—a CityPointe Worship event will get your people in the Word for longer than 3 to 5 days. They will start reading the Word before the event, be absorbed by the Word during the event, and then keep reading and being transformed by the Word after the event. They just might begin …MAKING DISCIPLES!
If you are interested in hosting me for a CityPointe Worship event please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Dr. Tom Cocklereece, The Disciplist
- What process does your church use to make disciples?
- What is the Bible literacy level of the people of your church?
- What are you planning for the next 12 months to launch genuine revival in your church?
Dr. Tom Cocklereece is CEO of RENOVA Coaching and Consulting, LLC
Author “Simple Discipleship,” contributing writer L2L Blogazine
He is a pastor, an author, professional coach, and leadership specialist
Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Web | Blog | Book | Coaching Site
This post has already been read 621 times!
We honor copyright laws on print material as well as photos. We take or make many of our own photos and buy some as well. We never use images from others that have copyright markings. We remove any material or photo that is questioned as soon as we become aware of it. If you believe we have posted copyrighted material please inform us and we will evaluate it: tom@simplediscipleship.
The Leadership Chair
Follow Simple Discipleship
THE LAWS OF DISCIPLESHIP
THE LAWS OF DISCIPLESHIP PROJECTBe a part of The Laws of Discipleship Project! Each law of discipleship reflects the light of Christ like a facet of a diamond. Tom Cocklereece is currently writing the manuscript for this upcoming discipleship resource. You are invited to participate. If you are interested, email tom@ simplediscipleship.com
Disciple-Maker’s Toolkit- Leader & Learner Editions
Free Discipleship Plan pdf
Ministry Leadership Ad
SD Online Guests
Most Read Posts
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Denial (37,351)
- ARE WE “SLAVES” OR “SERVANTS” OF CHRIST? A DISCUSSION ABOUT BIBLE TRANSLATION AND THE HCSB (35,724)
- Diabesity - A Reversible Epidemic: Guest Blog by Mark Hyman, MD for RENEW WELLNESS (14,155)
- 6 REASONS TO MONITOR YOUR BLOOD SUGAR: A RENEW Wellness Diabetes Testimony (7,422)
- THE RED PILL OR THE BLUE PILL? (6,390)
- GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY! (5,840)
- DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES: #13 – PROCESS DISCIPLESHIP (5,474)
- MAKE YOUR OWN "MINISTRY COMPETENCY WORD CLOUD" (5,031)
- EXPONENTIAL 2012: ARE YOU BEING SIFTED? (4,838)
- 11 WAYS A STAFF CHRISTIAN COACH CAN GROW YOUR CHURCH (4,824)
- VISION IS VIRAL BUT STRATEGY IS STATIC (4,521)
- SO, YOUR CHURCH IS SEARCHING FOR A PASTOR (4,231)
- DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES: 7- PROGRAM DISCIPLESHIP (4,159)
- WHY DON’T SMART PEOPLE GET JESUS? (REMIX) Guest Post by Rachael Fox (3,851)
- BASIC CHRISTIAN COMPETENCIES (3,805)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: Scaredy Gremlin (3,666)
- WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF DISCIPLESHIP? (3,601)
- FIVE ELEMENTS OF A BOOK REVIEW (3,470)
- THE LAWS OF DISCIPLESHIP PROJECT (3,373)
- SUNDAY SCHOOL THAT REALLY RESPONDS by Steve Parr: AN UNSOLICITED REVIEW (3,352)
- EVERY CHRISTIAN A DISCIPLE-MAKER (3,296)
- WHY EVANGELISM ISN’T WORKING (3,243)
- SECRET CHURCH REFLECTIONS (3,171)
- COUNTER-CULTURAL CHRISTIANITY: THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE (2,997)
- BREAKING THE EVANGELISM CODE by Victor H. Benavides (2,937)
- A SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE LESSON (2,917)
- SIMPLE DISCIPLESHIP AND SPIRITUAL GIFTS (2,848)
- THE DARK KNIGHT vs THE BRIGHT KNIGHT (2,827)
- SO, YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR A NEW CHURCH OR MINISTRY (2,722)
- A JOURNEY TO THE DARK SIDE (2,626)
- DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES: #11 – PROFICIENCY DISCIPLESHIP (2,615)
- A 10-POINT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT PROCESS (2,598)
- GREMLINS AND GUARDIANS – STAY ON THE RIGHT PATH (2,542)
- RUB A DUB DUB, PLUNGE AND SCRUB (2,536)
- HOW TO GET RID OF YOUR GREMLINS: Blamer (2,421)
- ONLINE MASTERMIND: DISCIPLESHIP BEST PRACTICES (2,326)
- PREVENTING SEXUAL ABUSE IN THE CHURCH (2,306)
- NAME YOUR GREMLIN: PRIDE AND ARROGANCE (2,249)
- TRANSFORMATIONAL LOVE: 1 CORINTHIANS 13 (2,203)
- PREPARE FOR DEFINING MOMENTS (2,185)
- DISCIPLESHIP IS CHRISTIAN CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT (2,122)
- 30 Coaching Questions to Create your Ministry Leadership Development Plan (2,076)
- THE FIVE MISSIONAL MOVEMENTS OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS (2,043)
- MINISTRY COMPETENCY LEADERSHIP COACHING (2,041)
- MISCONCEPTIONS OF LEADERSHIP (1,960)
- THE IMPACT OF SIMPLE DISCIPLESHIP (1,942)
- LIVING THE DREAM OF DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. (1,808)
- TRANSFORMATIONAL DISCIPLESHIP: A REVIEW (1,807)
- BORN INTO WAR: SPIRITUAL WARFARE AND DISCIPLESHIP (1,783)
- ANYONE CAN BE A SERVANT OF GOD (1,721)